Who we support
SoE IT provides hardware support to several departments.
- Dean’s Office
- Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Material Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Stanford Center for Professional Development
- Management Science & Engineering
- Stanford Technology Ventures Program
- Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
If you are unsure of your appropriate support group, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Staff Computer Purchases
SoE IT covers select hardware purchase costs for the following departments:
- Dean’s Office
Faculty Computer Purchases
SoE IT will assist SoE faculty and academic staff with purchasing and setup of Stanford-owned computers.
Faculty discretionary, department or research funds may cover the purchase cost.
Please contact your department to determine the appropriate source of funds.
Computers (Laptops, Desktops)
SoE IT will cover the current cost of a Dell or Apple laptop for the Dean’s office staff.
Peripherals (Monitors, Keyboards, Docks)
SoE IT will cover the current cost of an SoE Standard Monitor for the Dean’s office staff.
Any additional cost will need to be approved and covered by the client’s department.
Please see our SoE Computer Standards page for more information on recommended equipment.
To begin the ordering process, please submit a request:
- The client submits a hardware purchase request.
- SoE IT consults with the client to determine their computing needs and product availability.
- SoE IT submits the purchase request via an authorized ordering channel.
- The items are received by SoE IT and are prepared based on the client's request.
- A meeting is scheduled with the client to set up the new hardware and transfer data.
- After a successful transfer, the client returns their old equipment to SoE IT.
Computer Refresh Program
Computers are refreshed 36 months from the date of purchase.
For the Dean’s office staff, clients will be notified when their computer is eligible for a refresh.
After a computer refresh has been completed, SoE IT will wipe the device and proceed with secure disposal with the assistance of Stanford Surplus.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.