Cardinal Key Requirements
- Computer running BigFix or VLRE, or mobile device managed by Mobile Device Management (Jamf)
- Device must be compliant, without an exception on file, in MyDevices
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows 8 and later
- macOS 10.14 and later
- iOS 12 and later
Note: Duo two-step authentication is still required with Cardinal Key.
Test Cardinal Key
Test your Cardinal Key first. This will tell us if your Cardinal Key certificate is working.
Cardinal Key for Firefox
Additional steps are required to enable Cardinal Key for Firefox.
- Open Firefox and type "about:config" into the Search bar.
- A "Proceed with Caution" screen appears. Select the Accept the Risk and Continue button.
- On the next screen, search for "security.osclientcerts.autoload" in the "Search preference name" box.
- Click the toggle button Toggle button to set the value to true.
- Restart Firefox.
Still, having issues with Cardinal Key on Firefox? Refreshing Firefox may help by restoring the browser to its default state while saving your essential information.
Firefox will save these items:
- Browsing and download history
- Web form auto-fill information
- Personal dictionary
Repeated certificate prompts for Firefox
Firefox has implemented a feature as of version 67 that may impact the end-user experience by resulting in repeated certificate prompts. You may be able to work around these issues by navigating to Firefox and following these steps.
In the browser address bar, enter:
- about:config (Accept the Risk and Continue)
- security.enterprise_roots.enabled (Toggle to True)
- security.default_personal_cert (Select Automatically)