Ways to fix a Hijacked Microsoft Edge Browser
There are several options on these procedures which you can execute to resolve the problems from your computer and Microsoft Edge browser.
Option 1: Disconnect Computer from the Internet
To be able to process the loop when hijacking your home page or tabs, malware constantly communicates to its server. This also gives the hijacker to execute whatever script is used for the loop. Thus, you must cease the communication between Microsoft Edge and the remote malware server.
1. Unplug your Ethernet or LAN connector if you are on a wired network.
2. Turn off your Wi-Fi Modem or Disconnect your if your Wireless access PC is connected on a wireless network.
3. Close Edge browser. If this is not possible, repeatedly hit Esc on the keyboard or click OK/Cancel button on the hijacker window.
4. Activate Airplane mode.
a. Click your Network/Internet Settings icon on the taskbar (bottom right of your screen).
b. Settings window will open. Choose Network and Internet.
c. Look at the left column and click on Airplane mode.
d. Turn on Airplane mode using the control on the right panel.
5. Launch Edge Browser and close the offending tab.
Option 2: Directly Open Favorite Links on Edge Browser:
1. Restart Windows 10 (do not open Microsoft Edge browser).
2. Go to your Favorites folder. Typically it is on this location:
3. Under the favorite folder, double-click on any URL and it will open-up with Microsoft edge, assuming it is your default browser.
4. As the browser hijacker is still present on Microsoft Edge browser, you will still see it as an added tab. DO NOT CLICK on the hijacker tab.
5. Click X on the offending tab to close it.