Before beginning to attempt encrypting a Microsoft Surface Pro, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Run gpedit.msc from the search field
- Go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\BitLocker Drive Encryption\Operating System Drives
- Enable Require additional authentication at startup and Enable use of BitLocker authentication requiring preboot keyboard input on slates
- Encrypt the entire drive using SWDE or VLRE.
- If you still have issues with setting a PIN password still try to open an admin command prompt and use the following command: manage-bde -protectors -add c: -tpmandpin yourpassword