The School of Engineering will be migrated to Office 365 on July 27th, 2015.
How do I get help after the migration?
Self support: Instructions for self configuring your devices can be found here: https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/office365/configure
If you need help, go to https://soeithelp.stanford.edu and log in to create a ticket requesting help and a support technician will contact you. ** EE, CS, and MS&E users should reach out to their local IT support.
The SU Help Desk is also available at helpsu.stanford.edu (use category Email and task Office 365 mail or calendar) and at 5-HELP.
What can I do to prepare?
- Please see Be Prepared for Office 365
- Attend one of four free Office 365 brown bag sessions scheduled for July 15, July 28, August 4, and August 14. Space is limited so register to secure your spot today.
- Print out the Post-Migration Checklist and review it first thing on the Monday morning that you migrate
What should I expect on migration day?
All email, contacts, tasks and share permissions will be migrated. Any email that is downloaded to local folders will not.
NOTE: Filters/rules will NOT be migrated - you will need to recreate these.
- If you regularly use the Zimbra Web Client (http://webmail.stanford.edu), you can continue as normal after you have been migrated.
- Reference this handy O365 cheatsheet to navigate the new interface.
- If you regularly use a desktop client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail), you will need to reconfigure your desktop client per the appropriate instructions found here: https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/office365/configure
- If you need assistence configuring your desktop client, log into http://webmail.stanford.edu and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The webmail interface will give you access to your calendar and email until a support technician can reach you.
Calendar data as of 1/1/2011 will be migrated to Office 365. This includes personal appointments, meetings, recurring meetings, shares, and all-day events.
- Meeting Acceptances will NOT be migrated. This includes all acceptances that YOU have made to proposed meetings, as well as other people's acceptances of your proposed meetings.
- Recurring meetings created prior to 2011 will need to be recreated.
SoE IT recommends enrolling in Airwatch MDM to access your email through your mobile device. Visit the Airwatch MDM website to get started.
- If your mobile devices in enrolled in MDM, your email will continue to function as normal after migration day.
- If your mobile devices is NOT enrolled in MDM, you will need to reconfigure your mail settings.
- iOS: https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/office365/configure/ios
- Android: https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/office365/configure/android