Outlook has an archive mail feature that allows for automatic archival of messages older than a date you specify. This feature can take, for example, messages older than 2 years and move them (including the folder structure!) to a destination of your choice - typically a local PST (Personal Folder) stored on your computer's hard drive. It will then continue to archive mail for you automatically.
- Start a manual archive process;
- Outlook 2007 and previous
- Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
File-> section: Info-> button: Cleanup Tools-> Archive...
If you would only like to mimic the subfolders of the Inbox folder, then you can leave the selection on the Inbox folder.
C:\My Documents\<your name>\Outlook\mymail.pst
When Archiving is done:
- If you selected the root of your mail account all folders will show in the new archive that match your mail account.
- If you selected a subset of your mail folders, then those will show.