Before running SWDE or VLRE on Dell laptops running TPM 2.0 (Currently E7470) you must reflash the TPM to 1.2 otherwise enhanced pin will not enable.
Disable TPM Auto Provisioning in Windows (See Note 4)
1. Boot to Windows
2. Launch the PowerShell Command window in Administrator mode
3. At the Powershell command prompt, execute the command:
4. Confirm the following results:
- AutoProvisioning : Disabled
5. Reboot the system, to BIOS Setup by pressing F2.
6. Navigate to "Security > TPM 1.2/2.0 Security".
7. Click the "Clear" checkbox and select "Yes" at the prompt to clear the TPM settings. (You can skip it if the item is grayed out)
8. Click "Exit" to save changes.
9. Reboot system to Windows.
10. Confirm the TPM is not owned. The TPM should no longer be automatically provisioned by Windows.
Run the TPM update utility from Windows environment
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Windows System will auto restart and update the TPM during the system startup.
3. When the TPM update is finished, the system will auto reboot to take effect.