Mac OS X v10.10 (Yosemite) at Stanford
OS X version 10.10, nicknamed Yosemite, was released on October 17, 2014. As with previous releases the software is available for download at the Mac App Store. The update to 10.10 is free.
For more information on the new OS, please visit Apple's new OS X Yosemite page.
You are encouraged to read this section in full to make sure the software you need to use is compatible with Yosemite before upgrading. This section will be updated frequently, so please check back often in the first few weeks following Yosemite's release. See the RoaringApps site for a longer list of applications.
Essential Stanford Software (ESS)
- Stanford Desktop Tools: SDT 3.2.4 is available and is compatible with Yosemite. You should upgrade to this version prior to upgrading to Yosemite.
- Sophos Anti-Virus: Sophos 9 is available on ESS and is compatible with Yosemite.
- Kerberos Commander: Version 5.0 is available on ESS and is compatible with Yosemite.
- Tivoli Endpoint Manager/Bigfix: The version currently available appears to work with 10.10. Official support is still being determined.
- Fetch: The latest version of Fetch is compatible with Yosemite.
Administrative Systems applications
See Browser Recommendations for Administrative Applications for the latest information on browser compatibility with administrative applications in use at Stanford.
- Box Sync Client: Version 4 is supported on Yosemite.
- CrashPlan: CrashPlan works with Yosemite.
- Google Drive Sync Client: The Google Drive sync client appears to work with Yosemite. Official support is still being determined.
- MATLAB: Only version 2014b is officially supported on Yosemite.
- Microsoft Office 2011 and 2008: Office for Mac 2011 and 2008 appear to work with Yosemite.
- OpenAFS: After upgrading to Yosemite, you may need to re-install OpenAFS 1.6.6 for Mavericks.
- SNRT: The Stanford Network Registration Tool, which is used during the Stanford Network Self-Registration process, is compatible with Yosemite.
- VMware Fusion: According to the vendor, the most recent version of VMware Fusion Version 7.0.0 (2103067) works with Yosemite.
- VPN: Use the native VPN client built into 10.10.
- WebEx: WebEx is slated to support Yosemite after November 8, 2014
- Bluetooth: Some users have reported problems connecting to Bluetooth devices, including Apple keyboards, mice, and track pads.