If your Mac is bound to the SU domain and login using your SUNet ID, you will need to do the following steps after you have changed your password on http://accounts.stanford.edu:
- While you are connected to the Stanford network (wired or wirelessly), reboot your computer.
- After reboot, you will need to login using your new SUNet ID password.
- Once you authenticate the local cached password will be updated and you will be prompted to update your KeyChain password.
- Select Enter Old KeyChain Password and type in your previous SUNet ID password.
- After the KeyChain password has been updated you will be brought to your desktop.
DO NOT change your SUNet ID password using the Change Password tool in the Users & Groups application within System Preferences. Only change your password on http://accounts.stanford.edu