1. Open System Preferences, Printers & Scanners
2. Select the CanonMFD queue you want to configure for Staples
3. Click on Options & Supplies
4. Select the Options tab, and under Output Options make sure that "Staple Finisher J1" is listed and selected
5. Open the document you want to print with staples
6. Open the print menu (File, Print). Click the drop down for Copies & Pages and select Finishing
7. To enable the staple option check the box next to Staple. You can also adjust stapling options in this menu.