What is Jumpstart Stanford Engineering (JSE)?
Jumpstart Stanford Engineering is a pre-built website solution created for the Stanford Engineering community to quickly and easily build a fully featured website. Programs, Institutes, Centers, Affiliates, and Labs (PICALs) within Stanford Engineering can request a website.
Jumpstart Stanford Engineering sites are hosted, secured and maintained so you can concentrate on your work without worrying about your website.
Where can I get a Jumpstart site?
Begin the process here:
Jumpstart Engineering FAQ
What does it cost?
JSE websites are provided at no cost!
- Is there a user guide to help me?
- Yes! Please see:
- I’m stuck, where do I get support?
- JSE websites are supported by the School of Engineering IT team
- Advanced issues may require support from Stanford Web Services (SWS)
- From within your site, click on “Get Help” and “Request Assistance”
- Can I customize my site?
- There are 4 themes along with several color and font options available.
- Do I need to know how to code?
- You will NOT need to know how to code to work on your JSE site! The site runs on Drupal 7, which does not require any coding experience.
Do I need to worry about securing my site and keeping Drupal up-to-date?
University IT (UIT) will handle the security and patching of the Drupal server.
- Will the JSE site be compatible with mobile browsers on iOS or Android?
Yes. JSE sites are all capable of dynamic resizing (menu structure included) to fit mobile browser screen sizes beautifully.
- What do I do when I’m ready to launch my site?
- When you’re ready to launch click on the ‘Ready to launch?’ Link: