HOW TO ADD A FACULTY/STAFF MEMBER
1. To create a profile hover over SITE ACTIONS in the gray navigation bar. Then select to ADD PERSON. If you do not see the gray navigation bar, check to make sure you are logged into the site.
2. Fill out the FIRST and LAST NAME fields. Upload a profile picture.
3. IMPORTANT: Select whether the person is faculty, researcher, student, or staff. This ensures the person is added to the correct page. If you do not check one of the boxes the profile will not show up on the site.
4. MANDATORY FIELD: Add the person’s CAP profile URL. Note: Be sure to add the public URL that begins with https://profiles.stanford.edu/. EX: https://profiles.stanford.edu/john-doe. All faculty members should have CAP profiles. If you cannot find the person’s CAP profile, login to CAP and search the STANFORD ONLY database. If you find the person’s profile, you will have to contact them to make their profile PUBLIC.
** If the user does not have a CAP URL, you'll need to enter the URL of their profile on the website. To get this, when you are editing a user's profile (example: https://cee.stanford.edu/node/1035/edit?destination=people/staff), you'll need to copy everything through the node number (in bold above) and past into the CAP URL field.
5. Click BIO to expand the box. Fill out the TITLE AND DEPARTMENT field. A person’s titles can be found under their name in their CAP profiles.
6. Click CONTACT to expand the box. Add the email and phone information.
7a. FOR FACULTY MEMBERS click on FACULTY to expand the box. Check the FACULTY STATUS. This determines where the profile will be placed on the page. If you do not check a box the profile will show up uncategorized at the top of the page. Select the FIELD OF INTEREST.
7b. FOR ADJUNCT FACULTY click on ADJUNCT to expand the box. Check the ADJUNCT TYPE. This determines where the profile will be placed on the page. If you do not check a box the profile will show up uncategorized at the top of the page.
7c. FOR STAFF click on STAFF to expand the box. Check the STAFF TYPE.
8. In the SOE box, under DEPARTMENT, check the department associated with the person. If applicable, check any organizations or research themes associated with the person.
9. Click SAVE.
TO EDIT A PROFILE
To edit a profile click the EDIT button under the person’s profile. (If you do not see the edit button, make sure you are logged in to the site.) Make necessary changes. Click SAVE.
TO DELETE A FACULTY MEMBER
Click the EDIT button under the person’s profile. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Click the DELETE button. You will be taken to a page to confirm that you want to delete the profile. Click DELETE again.